OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CENTRAL EXCISE
TRADE NOTICE : 146 / 2003 Dated: 10.11.2003
Sub: Communication of Ministrys Notification No. 81 / 2003 - CE (N.T), dated: 3.11.2003 - Regarding.
Copy of Ministrys Notification No. 81 / 2003 - CE (N.T), dated : 3.11.2003 is communicated herewith.
The contents of the Trade Notice may be brought to the knowledge of all constituent members of Trade Associations / Chamber of Commerce.
(Issued from file C.NO.IV/16/ 2 /2003-C.Ex.Pol )
//ATTESTED// (D.P. NAIDU)
JOINT COMMISSIONER (Tech)
As per mailing list I/II/III / All Sections in Hqrs., Trichy.
In exercise of the powers conferred by rule 9 of the Central Excise Rules, 2002, the Central Board of Excise and Customs hereby makes the following further amendments in the notification of the Government of India in the erstwhile Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue), number 35/2001-Central Excise (N.T.), dated the 26th June, 2001, namely:-
In the said notification,-
1. In clause (1) of paragraph 1, for the words and figures Annexure-1 or Annexure-1A as the case may be, the words and figures Annexure-1 or Annexure-1A or Annexure-1B, as the case may be, shall be substituted;
2. After Annexure-1A, the following shall be inserted, namely:-
APPLICATION FORM FOR CENTRAL EXCISE REGISTRATION OF
MANUFACTURERS OF HAND ROLLED CHEROOTS OF TOBACCO FALLING UNDER SUB-HEADING NO. 2402.00 OF CENTRAL EXCISE TARIFF ACT, 1985.
1. Status of the Business (Please tick)
1 Sole proprietor
2. Details of the business
(i) Name :
(ii) Name and address of Proprietors/ Partners/ Other persons such as Directors, Authorised signatory:
(iii) Business address
3. Permanent Account Number (PAN) (If given by Income Tax authorities or else leave blank)
4. Excisable goods to be manufactured/ traded
5. Major raw materials/ inputs used in manufacture of goods mentioned above
I declare that the information given on this form is true and complete.
Signature & stamp:
(Full name in BLOCK CAPITALS)
D D M M Y Y Y Y
(to be used if the Registration Certificate is not given at the time
of receipt of the Application)
In accordance with your application for Registration, the Registration Certificate will be sent by mail at the address given at Serial No.1/ handed over personally on at ..(time).
[Name and Signature (with date) of the Central Excise Officer with Official Seal].
Instructions for filling the form
1. At S. No.2, (i), Please give the name of the business.
2. At S.No.2 (ii), Full name and address of sole proprietor/ all the partners/ other persons such as directors/ company secretary or authorized signatory is to be stated.
3. At S.No.2 (iii), Please give the address of your principal place of your business. This is where you carry out your day-to-day running of the business.
4. In the declaration at S.No.6, for sole proprietor, proprietor should sign, for partnerships, one of the partners and for corporate bodies, a director, company secretary or authorized signatory must sign the form and the stamp affixed must be legible.
Neerav Kumar Mallick
Under Secretary to the Government of India.
Note: The principal Notification No.35/2001-Central Excise (N.T.), dated the 26th June, 2001 was published in the Gazette of India [G.S.R. 464(E), dated the 26th June, 2001] and was last amended vide Notification No.38/2003-Central Excise (N.T.), dated 22nd April, 2003, [G.S.R.347 (E), dated the 22nd April, 2003].